Monday, March 14, 2011

Spanish Websites Post #2

Spanish Poems: http://sonnets.spanish.sbc.edu/- Golden Age Sonnets

The first website I want to look at today is Golden Age Sonnets. This is a great site with poems from the Golden Age of Spanish literature. It claims to have 110 sonnets with English translations. I could do a lot with this depending on the skill level of my students. For beginner students, we could read the sonnet out loud just to practice reading and listening, and then look at the meaning. Intermediate students could be given both translations and have to find familiar words. For advanced students I would assign a sonnet and have them translate parts, then compare what they came up with to the actual translation.

Spanish Vocabulary and Verbs: http://www.vocabulix.com/- Learn Spanish Free Online

The next site is a Spanish and German Vocabulary website. I especially love the Verb Drills section of this because I can select different tenses of the verb that I want to drill. There are also so many options. This is another site that I can use either in the class or have my students do at home either as a homework assignment or if they want/need more practice. The Vocabulary section is great because it has pre-arranged lists of different vocabulary words. I can also create my own lesson that students can access from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment